2015 Suzuki RM - 85
The RM85 continues to carry on the powerful tradition of racing excellence in the Suzuki RM family. The two-stroke engine produces smooth power at any rpm with an emphasis on low to mid-range performance. Just like the larger models, the RM85 delivers class-leading handling for both experienced racers and rookie riders alike. With its smooth power delivery and lightweight handling, the 2015 RM85 is the perfect motocross bike for anyone learning to race—and striving to win!
- The RM85's high-revving 84.7cc, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, reed-valve engine has a bore and stroke of 48.0mm x 46.8mm. The cylinder features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for durability, weight reduction and effective heat transfer for superior class performance.
- A Keihin™ PE28 carburetor provides smooth throttle response and is designed for simplified maintenance.
- The exhaust valves are made of aluminum to best match the expansion rate of the cylinder itself, improve sealing.
- The RM85's exhaust valve governor and actuator helps provide good throttle response and overall tractability.
- A digital CDI map helps provide strong engine performance at higher rpms.
- The RM85 comes with a large-capacity radiator for efficient engine cooling.
- The RM85 is equipped with a smooth shifting six-speed transmission. The transmission features a fully worked-out shift mechanism including a strong shift-drum detent spring and needle bearing on the left side of the shift drum. A knurled shift-pedal tip delivers excellent grip and shift feel.
- A tubular steel frame and thick wall aluminum swingarm provides class-leading performance on the track, especially in the corners. The frame was designed for increased rigidity, durability and straight-line performance; it features large diameter tubing in key areas and a large front reinforcement plate.
- Showa 37mm inverted front forks are completely adjustable for rider weight, style and ability. The forks feature a cartridge damping system with fully-adjustable rebound damping and 20-way adjustable compression damping (also included are fork guards to protect the inner fork tubes). The front forks offer 275mm (10.8-inches) of travel.
- A Showa rear shock absorber, with large diameter shock body, is designed and properly valved to produce a plush feel and increase bottoming resistance. The Showa rear shock provides 277mm (10.9-inches) of wheel travel.
- The RM85 comes with a twin-piston caliper front brake with 220mm (8.7-inches) large-diameter disc and a rear brake with 200mm (7.9-inches) disc to provide excellent braking performance.
- The RM85 also comes with a light, narrow-diameter front and rear brake hose. The font brake hose is routed behind the fork leg, eliminating the need for a brake hose cover, which helps reduce weight.
- A rigid rear brake caliper provides reliable braking performance, long pad life and is easy to maintain.
- A plastic rear brake caliper guard reduces the possibility of deformation and saves weight as well.
- The RM85's forged aluminum-alloy rear brake pedal gives the rider accurate braking feel.
- The RM85's footpegs are made of cast chrome-molybdenum steel, instead of stamped steel, which makes them more durable with better grip.
- A long clutch lever makes it easy to accurately locate and work the engagement point during starts and when clutching off at corners.
- Each side of the RM85's seat has textured surface for better knee gripping.
- The RM85's wheel sizes meet AMA 85cc class regulations (Front: 70/100-17; Rear: 90/100-14).
- Bore Stroke: 48 x 46.8mm
- Engine: 84.7cc, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled
- Compression Ratio: 9.5/10.9:1
- Fuel System: KEIHIN PE28, single
- Starter: Primary kick
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Lubrication: Fuel/Oil premixture of 30:1
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, D.I.D. 428DS, 118 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, pneumatic/coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Tires Front: 70/100-17 40M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 90/100-14 49M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.0 L (1.3 US gal.)
- Color: Champion Yellow
- Overall Length: 1805 mm (71.1 in.)
- Overall Width: 735 mm (28.9 in.)
- Overall Height: 1240 mm (43.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1240 mm (48.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 325 mm (12.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 850 mm (33.5 in.)
- Curb Weight: 73 kg (161 lb.)
- Warranty: No Warranty
- Engine Type
- 84.7 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 48 x 46.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- KEIHIN PE28, single
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, pneumatic/coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17 40M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 49M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 161 lb. (73 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 US gal. (5.0 L)
- 48.8 in. (1240 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in. (325 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in. (850 mm)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, D.I.D. 428DS, 118 links
- Champion Yellow
- No Warranty