2015 Kawasaki Mule PRO-FXT EPS
Stock Image: Timberline Green
The all-new “King of Mules” is the 2015 Kawasaki MULE PRO-FXT™. This highly capable unit mixes Side x Side versatility with class-leading torque, making it the fastest and most powerful MULE ever. It also has new configurable Trans Cab seating for three or six passengers and a standard Kawasaki STRONG three-year warranty, along with more comfort and convenience features than ever before.
At a glance
• New three-cylinder engine provides double the power and higher top-speed over other MULE Side x Side vehicles
• Easy 1:1:1 Trans Cab mechanism (1 person, 1 round trip, less than 1 minute) changes from 3- to 6-person seating configuration in one minute or less
• Electric Power Steering (EPS) with tilt steering wheel fitted to most models
• Four standard doors and three-point seatbelts
• Four-wheel disc brakes
• Fully automatic transmission with selectable two- or four-wheel drive
• Legendary Kawasaki MULE durability and dependability
• Standard Kawasaki STRONG 3-Year Warranty
Trans Cab Mechanism is industry exclusive
• Easily transform the MULE PRO-FXT from three- to six-passenger configuration
• 1:1:1 ratio; 1 person, 1 round trip, and 1 minute to convert from three- to six-passenger mode
• Can be transformed from a six-passenger vehicle to a three-passenger off-road Side x Side with an expanded cargo bed to carry larger payloads – carrying 350 lb with six passengers, or up to 1000 lb with three passengers, where permissible by state law
• Rear bench seat has elevated stadium position for an improved view, retractable seatbelts and grab handles
• Steel cargo bed tilts for convenient engine access
• The tailgate and secure latch locking mechanism reduce vibration and noise, adding durability
Liquid Cooled, Three-cylinder Engine
• Industrial-strength four-stroke, 812cc engine produces exceptional torque from three-cylinder layout
• Modern four-stroke design for efficient running and fuel economy
• Large-capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
• Rubber engine mounts reduce vibration, noise and wear, to maximize operational comfort and minimize fatigue
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)
• Computer-controlled Digital Fuel Injection (DFI) system automatically compensates for temperature and altitude, to ensure the engine runs smoothly in any environment
• Automatic fast idle speed control eliminates the need for a manual choke, allowing the operator to drive away immediately after a cold engine start
• Automatic digital ignition system helps ensure smooth, efficient operation
• Offers easy engine operation and reduced maintenance requirements
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
• DFI precision reduces fuel consumption and cuts exhaust emissions
• Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
• Muffler features a US Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
• Fully automatic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) features forward high and low as well as reverse. It keeps the engine in the right operating RPM at a variety of vehicle speeds, loads or terrain
• The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
• Tuned to accommodate higher loads
• Tuned to provide engine braking for driver reassurance when descending slopes
• N7-grade CVT belt adds durability
Four-Wheel Drive with Two-Speed Transfer Case
• Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
• Shift to four-wheel drive and low-range for maximum traction in adverse conditions, or select two-wheel drive and high-range for increased fuel economy
Dual Mode Differential
• Dual-mode rear differential can be locked for extra pulling power and maximum traction, or unlocked when negotiating delicate terrain
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
• The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
• The electric motor’s inertia significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels for a more comfortable and controlled ride
• Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determines the amount of steering assistance required
• No power steering pump means no power loss from the engine
• EPS only operates when the engine is running to prevent battery drain
Front and Rear Independent Suspension
• Front and rear suspension offers up 8.7" of travel for smooth operation and optimum work efficiency
• A-arm design gives the vehicle ample ground clearance (10.2")
Four-Wheel Hydraulic Disc Brakes
• Four-Wheel hydraulic disc brakes provide confident stopping power
• 212mm disc brakes front and rear give the driver confidence in a variety of terrains
• Towing and hauling can also be undertaken with more confidence in the PRO-FXT because the hydraulic disc brakes provide confidence-inspiring stopping power
Wheels and Tires
• 26" Duro tires provide great traction and extra ground clearance in a variety of terrain
• Duro tires offer significant puncture resistance when tackling the toughest tasks
• Steel wheels are standard
• 12" six-spoke cast aluminum wheels are standard on the PRO-FXT LE model
Rugged and Capable
• Rugged, modern styling is available in four different color schemes
• 2" receiver hitch allows towing of up to 2000 lb with optional draw bar
• Durable bodywork features modern, bold styling
• Strong tubular steel front guard improves durability and helps protect the nose from brush, trail debris and minor impacts
• Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS)
• Durable chassis can be enhanced with up to 60 Kawasaki Genuine Accessories
• Digital Instrument cluster allows the driver to keep an eye on the most important information – speedometer, odometer, hour meter, fuel gauge, dual trip meters, 2WD/4WD indicators, clock and much more
• High-capacity generator gives passengers in the PRO-FXT superior charging output when on the trail. 60.8 amps at 2,000rpm is enough power to charge most popular portable devices. And the LE and Camo models include an additional two power outlets for rear passengers
• Four automotive-style doors provide extra protection for the occupants from the outdoor elements
• Storage space under the front seat allows user to store equipment and gear in the optional Kawasaki Genuine Accessory storage bin
• Handy glovebox and three dashboard pockets give users ample storage space
• Three-point seatbelts are standard for all six passengers
• Front and rear bench seats have thick cushions to provide all occupants with support and comfort when traversing trails or working on an important project
60 Kawasaki Genuine Accessories available
• Customers can choose from up to 60 Kawasaki Genuine Accessories from launch
• The accessories were made specifically for the PRO-FXT, ensuring the very best fit and finish
• All 60 accessories maintain the Kawasaki STRONG 3-Year Warranty
Kawasaki STRONG 3-Year Warranty
• The MULE PRO-FXT comes standard with the Kawasaki STRONG 3-Year Warranty for total peace of mind
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 3-cylinder
- Displacement: 812cc
- Bore x stroke: 72 x 66.5mm
- Compression ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel injection: DFI® w/ 34mm throttle body
- Ignition: Battery and coil
- Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, neutral and reverse
- Final drive: Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential
- Tires front: 26 x 9.0 R12
- Tires rear: 26 x 11.0 R12
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Double wishbone / 8.7 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Double wishbone / 8.7 in. / 8.5 in. (R / L)
- Steering: Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion
- Brakes front: Hydraulic dual 212mm discs with two-piston calipers
- Brakes rear: Hydraulic dual 212mm discs with single-piston calipers, mechanical parking brake
- Fuel capacity: 7.9 gal.
- Curb weight: 1,878.7 lb.
- Overall length: 133.3 in.
- Overall height: 77.6 in.
- Overall width: 64.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 92.3 in.
- Ground clearance: 10.2 in.
- Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5 and meets the FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
- Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 42.7 x 53.7 x 11 in. (3-passenger mode); 22.0 x 53.7 x 11 in. (6-passenger mode)
- Vehicle load capacity: 1,649 lb.
- Cargo bed capacity: 350 lb. (6-passenger mode) / 1,000 lb. (3-passenger mode) (where state law permits) 600 lb. maximum capacity for California models.
- Towing capacity: 2,000 lb.
- Turning radius: 16 ft
- Headlights: (2) 55/60W sealed-beam headlights
- Instruments: Multi-function display includes digital speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, hour meter, clock, dual trip meters, 2WD/4WD indicator, water temperature warning indicator, oil pressure warning indicator, fuel injection warning indicator, CVT and EPS warning indicators, neutral, reverse and parking indicators, horn, seatbelt reminder lamps
- Color Choices: Super Black, Timberline Green
- Warranty: Kawasaki Strong 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12 or 24 months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, DOHC, 3-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 x 66.5mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI® w/ 34mm throttle body
- Battery and coil
- Front Suspension
- Double wishbone
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic dual 212mm discs with two-piston calipers
- Front Tire
- 26 x 9.0 R12
- Rear Suspension
- Double wishbone
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic dual 212mm discs with single-piston calipers, mechanical parking brake
- Rear Tire
- 26 x 11.0 R12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1,878.7 lb.
- 92.3 in.
- Front Travel
- 8.7 in.
- Rear Travel
- 8.7 in. / 8.5 in. (R / L)
- Ground Clearance
- 10.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.9 gal.
- Box Capacity
- 6-passenger mode: 350 lb.; 3-passenger mode: 1,000 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 2,000 lb.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, neutral and reverse
- Drive System
- Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Super Black, Timberline Green
- Kawasaki Strong 3 Year Limited Warranty