2014 Honda CB 1000R
Stock Image: Matte Gray Metallic
Think of a fighter, standing in the ring. Boots, trunks, gloves and plenty of muscle. That’s the Honda CB1000R, a machine that offers Superbike performance, a comfortable, do-it-all riding position and sense of style that’s off the charts.
The formula is simple: we built a special chassis that puts the 998cc engine out front and center, allowing you to sit more upright. The result is one of the most versatile open-class bikes the world has ever seen, as comfortable on a long trip as it is confident on the boulevard. When you need one bike that can do it all and do it exceedingly well, the CB1000R is the machine you want in your corner.
Soul Of A Superbike: The CB1000R is built around a superbike-strong 998cc DOHC inline-four engine that’s perfect for street riding, with plenty of torque and power on tap. Since it’s a four-cylinder, it’s plenty smooth for longer rides too.
Ripped, And Ready To Show It: When you’re as muscular as the CB1000R, you want to show the world. It’d be a shame to cover up that awesome engine, so we’ve put it out front and center so you and everyone else can enjoy it. Then our designers gave the CB1000R just enough styling touches (side radiator shrouds, fork-mounted cowl fairing, cast-aluminum four-spoke wheels) to really set it apart. Get used to everyone else checking it out.
Rugged Chassis: The CB1000R offers exceptional handling, thanks to a gravity die-cast mono-backbone aluminum chassis that’s light and strong. A fully adjustable inverted fork and adjustable Pro-Link rear suspension with a single-sided swingarm further refine the handling package.
- 998cc DOHC Engine: The CB1000R uses a 998cc inline-four engine based on a previous generation CBR1000RR, but is tuned to produce more torque and horsepower in the midrange and bottom end—the perfect combination for a machine like this.
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: Looks great, sounds great and helps increase performance—how’s that for a win-win-win situation? The four-into-one header with its flowing pipes pays homage to classic Honda inline-fours of the 1970s like the CB400 Supersport. Some things just never go out of style.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): The CB1000R’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) ensures crisp throttle response and both low- and high-rpm performance. In addition, there’s no choke to mess with, and the CB1000R runs perfectly at all altitudes and temperatures, even on cold mornings.
- Lowboy-Style Muffler: The CB1000R’s lowboy muffler not only looks cool and sounds great, but it also offers a handling advantage by moving the silencer lower and closer to the bike’s center of mass.
- Gravity Die-Cast Aluminum Mono-Backbone Frame: Gravity die cast technology gives the CB1000R a chassis that’s strong but light. The single backbone architecture links the steering head to the swingarm pivot, but without any frame spars to interrupt the CB1000R’s lines.
- Fully Adjustable 43mm Inverted Fork: A bike as powerful as the new CB1000R needs top-notch suspension components. That’s why we gave it a stout, large-diameter 43mm inverted fork that’s fully adjustable. And it’s also one of the reasons why the CB1000R handles so well.
- Single-Sided Swingarm: Proven on Honda’s endurance racebikes, the CB1000R’s single-sided swingarm not only looks awesome, but makes rear-wheel maintenance easier as well.
- Radial Front-Brake Calipers: The CB1000R’s radial-mounted monoblock front-brake calipers are stiffer for better brake feel and performance. Each caliper uses four pistons that squeeze lightweight 310mm floating discs for exceptional stopping power.
- Adjustable Brake and Clutch Levers: CB1000R’s adjustable brake and clutch levers let you fine-tune for the riding environment and tailor-fit the controls to your riding style.
- All-Digital Instrumentation: CB1000R’s high-tech, all-digital instrument display features tachometer, plus LCD readouts for speedometer, coolant temperature, odometer, two tripmeters and a clock, mpg and average fuel consumption.
- LED Position Light: Uniquely styled, the LED Position Light is a compelling design feature that shows everyone that this is not any ordinary motorcycle. It’s a Honda.
- Engine Type: 998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 75 mm x 56.5 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI Fuel injection with automatic enrichment circuit and 36 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 0-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 43 mm inverted HMAS™ cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single gas-charged HMAS shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 256 mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 25.0 deg. (caster angle)
- Trail: 99 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 56.9 in.
- Seat Height: 32.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 485 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal., including 1.0-gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 37 MPG
- Model Id: CB1000R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Gray Metallic
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 998 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 75 x 56.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI Fuel injection with automatic enrichment circuit and 36 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm inverted HMAS™ cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single gas-charged HMAS shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 256 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR-17 radial
- 56.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in.
- 25.0 deg. (caster angle)
- 3.9 in. (99 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal., including 1.0-gal. reserve
- 37 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 485 lb.
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #530 0-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Matte Gray Metallic