2012 Polaris Industries 600 Switchback Adventure
YOU WANT PERFORMANCE, WIND PROTECTION AND VERSATILITY? YOU WANT AN ADVENTURE.
What's your perfect sled? Trail Rocket? Mogul Monster? Off-Trail Weapon? High-Mile Adventurer? What if you didn't have to compromise? Motorcyclists who want to expand their horizons ride adventure bikes. For snowmobilers, Polaris introduces the all-new 600 Switchback Adventure, the industry's first adventure snowmobile.
Built with the same Rush-proven Pro-Ride progressive-rate rear suspension featuring 7 inches of additional tunnel length on a 136” bump-bridging rail and all-new race-proven IFS as the 800 Switchback Pro-R, plus additional comfort and storage features. It is the epitome of versatile luxury with an attitude, including a tall windshield and wind deflectors for enhanced rider comfort, mirrors, 12v & RCA outlets, and the innovative and scalable new Adventure Cargo System® featuring Polaris-exclusive Lock & Ride® Technology. Standard with an Aluminum Cargo Rack and Lock & Ride® Saddlebags, add a Pure Polaris accessory Rack Bag for the maximum in storage.
- Adventure Cargo System - Aluminum Rack, Lock & Ride Saddle Bags: Take only as much as you need. No two rides are ever the same, why should your sled be? Planning a high mileage, multi-day trip? Mount the saddlebags and bring everything you need - the Cargo Rack will hold 45 lbs. Only out for a day trip? Load up the accessory rack bag with the essentials.
- Switchback Comfort Seat: Take the best seat in the house. A wider more comfortable seat that provides an ideal blend of cushion and support. The Switchback seat height also allows the rider to easily transition from seated to standing as the conditions dictate.
- Heated Shield Plug & 12V Outlet: Power where you need it. Pre-configured for easy installation of your electric shield or GPS.
- Electric Start: Start your sled with the turn of the key. Nothing beats the ease and convenience of electric start.
- Tall Windshield & Wind Deflectors: Less wind = a warmer ride. Designed for excellent coverage, this tall smoked windshield directs wind and snow up and around the rider while the side panel-mounted wind deflectors force wind and snow outward, away from the rider.
- Hood Mounted Mirrors: Wide-angle view for good visibility, non-fogging glass. Folding design for use with covers.
- 600 Cleanfire Engine: The Adventure is powered by our proven Liberty 600 Cleanfire engine, one of the strongest and most highly praised 600s in the industry. Delivering award winning power with class leading acceleration and Polaris quality.
- Cobra 1.352” Track: Designed for aggressive trail traction and control. Integrated tunnel protection allows you to stud up to a 1.75" track.
- 136" Pro-Ride Rear Suspension: Chatter bumps? What chatter bumps? Featuring the Rush-proven Pro-Ride progressive-rate rear suspension plus 7 inches of additional tunnel length on a 136" bump-bridging rail. On-trail the progressive-rate rear suspension isolates riders from impacts so they can drive through bumps, not over them, virtually eliminating “spine tinglers”. Off-trail, the 136" skid and Cobra track provide great flotation and the versatility to ride on all types of terrain.
- Integrated Tunnel Protection: Integrated stud protection for up to 1.75” lug plus 3/8” stud.
- Estimated Dry Weight: 525 lb. (238 kg)
- Overall Length: 115 in. (292 cm)
- Overall Width: 48 in. (122 cm)
- Overall Height: 46 in. (117 cm)
- Ski Center Distance: 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Fuel Capacity: 11 gal. (41.6 L)
- Engine Type/Cooling: Liberty/Liquid
- Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 599 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 77.25 x 64 mm
- Ignition: Digital CDI w/TPS, WTS, DET
- Exhaust: SC VES, Single
- Fuel System: Cleanfire® Injection
- Disc Brake Type: Phantom, Hydraulic
- Drive/Driven Clutch: P-85/P2
- Front Suspension: Pro-Ride
- Front Travel: 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Front Shocks: Fox® IFP
- Ski Type: Rush
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Ride
- Rear Travel: 14 in. (35.6 cm)
- Front Track Shock: Fox® IFP
- Rear Track Shock: Fox® IFP
- Track: 15 in. W x 136 in. L x 1.35 in. Cobra (2.52 in. pitch)
- Steering: Fixed - 3.5 in. (89mm) Riser
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: PERC
- Speedometer: Digital MFD
- Tachometer: Digital MFD
- Security System: Accessory
- Fuel Gauge Type: Digital MFD
- Temp/Low Oil Light: Digital MFD
- 12v-DC Outlet / RCA Outlet: Accessory/Accessory
- Handlebar Hooks: Standard Adjustable
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard Adjustable
- Mirrors: Standard
- Seat Type: Pro-Ride Adventure
- Seat Support with Luggage: Standard w/Lock & Ride
- Windshield: Low, Mid or Tall
- Color/Graphics: Black/Red Adventure
- Engine Type
- 599 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 77.25 x 64 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Cleanfire® Injection
- Digital CDI w/TPS, WTS, DET
- SC VES, Single
- Brake Type
- Phantom, Hydraulic
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Travel
- 14 in. (35 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Type
- Cobra 1.352 in.
- Track Dimensions
- 15 in. W x 136 in. L x 1.35 in. (2.52 in. pitch)
- Fuel Capacity
- 11 gal. (41.6 L)
- Dry Weight
- 525 lb. (238 kg)
- Low, Mid or Tall
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard Adjustable